— cooked up on
May 30, 2017
Happy Monday! I mean Tuesday… what day is it? (Just kidding). I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend.
We headed out backpacking for the weekend – what a joy to (literally!) unplug and get away from it all. Even though I love my normal life so much, there’s just something about being out of cell phone service. I played tons of cards (have I mentioned I am a little competitive when it comes to games? haha). I read a book that’s been on my nightstand for weeks (sorry, Multnomah County Library…). I enjoyed unwinding so much.
On our way back into town, we had some delish pizza at Double Mountain in Portland – I’m happy to say that I felt like the pizza was just as good as the OG location in Hood River.
After getting home, there was quite a bit of work to be done in terms of getting everything cleaned up, put away, and our kitchen put back together. Of course I started by taking a shower and then falling asleep on the bed. Dave took care of all our gear, so when I woke up from my nap, I took charge of dinner… I don’t really feel like it was an even division of labor – he is too good to me! So I wanted to make something special to celebrate being home in the home we love.
This salmon salad was so easy to make – all of the stuff that is cooked just goes on a sheet pan all together for just 20 minutes. And it’s the perfect way to enjoy all my favorite spring/early summer produce – I especially love the dressing. I am the type who will often stick to the same kind of easy olive and lemon juice combo on salads, so I wanted to change things up for this evening. And, as a bonus, it’s already gluten free, and with the omission of the honey, it’s low carb/whole 30/paleo as well!
Roasted Salmon Salad with Easy Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 8 oz. salmon filet
- 1/2 lb. asparagus. trimmed
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 16 oz. fresh strawberries, chopped, divided in half
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the asparagus and radishes in olive oil and place on a sheet pan. Season salmon filet with olive oil and salt, and add to the sheet pan as well. Distribute lemon slices over the salmon and asparagus Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, blend half of the strawberries, the olive oil, vinegar, honey (if using), cream and salt.
- Divide the spinach between two plates and top with asparagus, radishes and half of the salmon filet on each plate. Top with remaining chopped strawberries and drizzle with dressing.