— cooked up on
September 9, 2017
You’ve seen the stories in Portland Monthly and the O. You know some foodie friends who hit refresh over and over to load the website the day tickets went on sale. You may have even wandered over to FeastPortland.com to browse the remaining tickets — but you’re still hesitating!
I know you’re out there. I myself keep thinking about buying MORE tickets, haha. But I think you should give it a shot. So today I have some good reasons, just to push you over the edge if you’re still mulling it 🙂
- Networking. I am not kidding at all when I say this boozy, foodie festival is the most powerful networking event of the year for Portlanders who work with food in basically any capacity. I like to tell people it’s Portland’s annual Food Family Reunion. You’ll see the people you see often, but you’ll see people you haven’t seen in forever, too. To me, that alone is worth the price of admission – but there are so many other reasons I’m back every year.
- Supporting local businesses. Got a winery you love out in the Willamette Valley? How about a restaurant you’ve been going to for years? There’s a good chance you’ll run into them at Feast Portland, showing off their skills and reminding you to go back and patronize their business again. Feast Portland is also a local business, for that matter!
- Trying new things. Here’s a quick and incomplete list of the things I’ve discovered at Feast in the past: Booze chocolate truffles. Berry popsicles with chipotle powder. Soft boiled eggs with fried rice, shaken up in a little tin to get runny egg on errythang. Yes, trying new things is fun! And this is where they all come together so you can try them all at once.
- There’s even a good cause involved. Not only has the festival raised hundreds of thousands of bucks for Partners for Hunger Free Oregon, but they’ve even launched an additional benefit called Feast for All to benefit the agencies fighting the Eagle Creek Fire. And if you are in fact local to Portland and/or Oregon, I *know* you care about this 🙂
- This is about celebrating Portland! There might be a lot of folks traveling to Feast from out of town – both to attend the event or to exhibit there. But at its core Feast is a celebration of Portland. Our food and restaurant landscape is something to be proud of, and it deserves an annual, huge, public, unabashed party to celebrate it.
So… are you ready? I know I am. See y’all next week! 🙂