Here’s another of my favorite quick and healthy lunches – it’s not much of a recipe, per se, but it’s a darned good sammich.
A lot of meals are quick and easy. But not very many quick and easy meals will be both a fresh break from your usual fare AND leave you feeling refreshed and ready to take the afternoon lull head-on.
Here’s what you need for one sandwich:
- About 1/4 cup hummus – can be store bought or you can make your own
- 3-4 slices tomato
- 1/4 red bell pepper (I like to cut it into matchsticks)
- A handfull of matchsticks of jicama (ditto) (also, this is the same jicama from that salad from earlier this week! so versatile 🙂 )
- Salt, pepper and olive oil
- A fresh bun, hunk of bread or roll (you can get one at a time at most grocery stores)
And well, I’m guessing you already know how to make a sandwich. Shoot for structural integrity and you should be in good shape. But I would recommend putting the hummus on top of the lettuce, especially if this sandwich is traveling with you to work. It’ll keep your bread from getting soggy.
I like to drizzle with a little olive oil, and salt and pepper well, just for a little extra oomph.